Neuromuscular skeletal conditions are common in all of us. We can all experience sprains, strains and nerve pain that just won’t go away, resulting from repetitive strains in our work place, from trauma in our everyday lives or resulting from metabolic condition such as diabetes or gout
Pain, inflammation and nerve pain are things we’ve grown to accept as something we probably will just have to live with. Wellness and medical practitioners across North America have discovered a modern medical technology that heals these conditions safely and effectively on a cellular level. This medical technology is cold laser therapy.
MLS stands for Multi-Wave Locked System. The MLS Laser is a Class IV Laser and uses multiple synchronized diodes.
tures 2 wavelengths; 808 nanometers and 905 nanometers. The wavelengths are in the infrared spectrum. They are invisible to the eye.
The 808 is for inflammation, and is long lasting. The 905 wavelength is analgesic (pain relief) and is fast acting. Together, they are very effective.
There are over 3,000 studies performed in the last three decades that validate the efficacy of laser therapy.
- Production and release of beta-endorphins (these are morphine like substances produced by various cells in the body that inhibit the sensation of pain)
- Cortisol production is increased (cortisol is the precursor of cortisone). This enables the body to combat the stress associated with trauma or the disease process
- The short-term effect is significant in 5-10% of cases during or after the conclusion of the initial treatment, but is not as important as the long term or cumulative effect
LONG TERM OR CUMULATIVE EFFECT
- ATP (adenosine triphosphate) production is increased resulting in improved cellular metabolism
- DNA (desoxyribosenucleicacid) production, the protein building block of tissue is substantially increased
- Neurotransmission is facilitated due to elevated levels of serotonin and aceytylecholine
- Mitochondrial activity is stimulated resulting in cell replication etc.
- Angiogenesis (formation of new blood vessels)
- Regulates cell membrane potential, essential in NA, CL and K ion transfer (electrolyte balance)
- Cytokines and other chemicals enhancing cellular communications are relaeased
- The immune response is stimulated
- Lymphatic drainage is improved
- The histamine response is positively altered
- Production of growth hormone is increased
- Stimulation of the healing processes is accompanied by relief of symptoms
- Tissue and Sports Injuries: Ligament/tendon/muscle tears
- Knee Dysfunction (Meniscal/ligamentous tears)
- Repetitive Stress: Carpal tunnel Syndrome/Rotator cuff injuries/Epicondylitis
- Inflammatory conditions:Tendonitis, Bursitis, Plantar Fasciitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Back Problems: Degenerative Osteoarthritis, Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Disc herniation, Myofascitis
- Dermatological Conditions: Eczema, Psoriasis, herpes, dermatitis
- Neurological Conditions: Neuropathies, reflex sympathetic dystrophy, multiple sclerosis
- Wounds & Dermal Ulcers Secondary to: Compression, Trauma, Atherosclerosis, Diabetic, Venous Stasis
- Temporo-mandibular Joint Dysfunction
- TMJ dysfunction
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
TO BOOK A COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION PLEASE CALL OUR CENTRE: 905-773-2225